Parkhill & Sherwell Valley Medical Practices

Parkhill - 01803 212489

Sherwell Valley - 01803 605123

You do not need a sick certificates until you have been off work for more than three days. You do not require a doctor's certificate until you have been absent for seven days (including Saturday and Sunday). A self-certificate covers the period between three and seven days. If you are employed, you obtain this from your employer. If you are unemployed or self-employed, you obtain it from the surgery, the post office of the DSS. If you still require a certificate of illness up to seven days, a certificate can be provided on a private basis, but there is a charge for this service.

Department of Health